Friday, April 06, 2007

Update--Just for you Wade

Alright, my blogging friends have been kicking my butt on updating. I would blame it on being verrrrry pregnant, but Kelly blows that out of the water! I'll just say that you guys have much more interesting things to blog about than I do, so I love to read and comment on your blogs. I have some church-y stuff I've been mulling over, but am hesitant to post, because I don't want to start any arguments, and I by no means have any answers to the issues floating in my head. Anyway, maybe later. For now, I'll say....

It's Great To Be a Florida Gator! AGAIN!

What are the odds of winning a football and a 2nd basketball championship right in a row both against Ohio St.! I'm thinking that they don't like us much up there right now, but that's okay. As I've always said, "If you're not a GATOR, you're GATOR BAIT!" Or as Katelyn so wisely puts it, "Gator CHOMP!" Cute story--during the football season, FL was playing LSU (the Price family favorite) and Randy said, "Katelyn, can you say 'Geaux Tigers?'" Katelyn vehemently declared, "No, Daddy! Gator CHOMP!" I wasn't even there to coach her! How's that for a kid who has her priorities straight? It's also fun to see FL get all this glory, since I've been a Gator fan since I was born. I don't mind bandwagonners too badly, but it is more fun if you've always been a fan, thorough all the ups and downs and quaterback sharing and Spurrier leaving, and so on. I'll admit I don't watch NCAA basketball until the Final Four and only if FL is playing, but with the Mavs and Stars, there's just too many games to try and watch!

Alright, my Florida statement has been made until next football season.

Joshua Update: Not much to say. If you want to know about centimeters and other stuff, you can call or email me (in deference to my childless friends who get creeped out by that gunk). Suffice to say, he will be here on or before April 20th. My doctor tells me this as if it's a great revelation. I vote sooner than later because he's getting awfully big, but would like to make it through Easter Sunday now that I'm this far.

That brings me to Easter--by far my favorite "religious" holiday of the year. I love Christmas, but really can't buy too much into the Baby Jesus angle. It's fun to talk about the nativity with a child, but isn't really a Biblical holiday to me. Easter, on the other hand, is all about resurrection, reconciliation, and renewal. Coincidence that this whole event happened in the Spring? I don't think so. Everything around us (especially our irises) is growing and awakening from a winter slumber. I feel as if I am, too. Looking forward to Sunday.

He is Risen! He is Risen, indeed!

3 comments:

Wade said...

Ha! Thanks! Now my blogworld can regain proper balance again! Whew!

Going into the Championship I didn't care who won - I just wanted to see a good game; perhaps one where the winning shot is made at the last second of double-overtime.

But that would have stressed you out and quite possibly could have induced labor. So for your sake, I'm glad Florida won eventhough I turned the game off during the 3rd quarter - it was never a contest.

I know this is turning into a long comment, but I also have to say that Coach Donovan really impressed me this morning. He was talking to ESPN and said that he nix'ed the Kentucky coaching gig before they started talking $$$ because he "didn't it to come down to finances." What a breath of fresh air in a world where coaches and professional athletes bolt to the first little carrot that gets dangled in front of them.

He seems like he's got great character - no wonder his players cried with they announced they would not be returning.

Tate is excited to meet Joshua!

W

Phylemon said...

Wow, LaRae blogged! Although we don't celebrate Easter with the vigour of Christmas in the Hylemon household, I think you are spot on about it being the more "religious" holiday. The death and resurrection of Christ changed, and continues to change, everything.

KeeperOfBooks34 said...

I'd like to say that my favorte team is really LA Tech. But they're not on tv much, mostly because they aren't very good most years. But I do usually pull for the Tigers unless I have a reason not to. That said, Florida games should be a lot more fun to watch this year, when the full wrath of Mighty Tebow is unleashed. He might get to throw more than one pass a game this year.